Skip to main content

Rise and Shine

This was my breakfast this morning. I got tired of the traditional bagel or the two slices of white toast with peanut butter that seemed to become the norm. I was in the market early in the morning looking for a change; a new flavor to stimulate my palate and at the same time fill my body with essential vitamins and minerals. I'm not so ready to jump buildings in single bounds but this good choice of breakfast helped me tackle my eventful day. I will just leave the tall leaps and metal bending for Clark Kent (S-man).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Escapades

After my job's Christmas party, I traveled to Connecticut because I just needed to spend a little more time. So, my time was spent at Foxwoods casino. No, I know what you're thinking. I gambled and lost my shirt. On the contrary, I only spent around $15 dollars because I was there for the ride. My friend had some gambling credit and it made for a good time. It was a good picture taking moment. Besides, the holiday is upon us. What kind if mom would I be if I gambled the kids toys away. Lol. I'll just post some random holiday photos here to keep in the spirit.

Hallo-Fam Time

By Catherine Ratliff Oct. 2017      Spent time with the family indoors this past Halloween 2017. It made for a really different experience. Words couldn't express the evening. Therefore, I will let the slideshow do the talking for us.      We put together some really nice snacks that turned our taste buds into a frenzy. We baked yellow cake with chocolate frosting. We added the word Halloween logo 🎃, on top in an orange delicious and harmonious glaze. I literally heard music to my ears. This earth-shattering cake was served with chocolate and vanilla ice cream.      We also made rice krispie treats. We added blow pops to sweeten up the dish. We were some real SWEET DEMONS that night.     Then I sat on the couch wearing a witch's hat and striped orange and black socks that extended up to the knees. We really created a witchy atmosphere.     It became a movie night. The movie selection was from my f...

PF Chang's

I ate out at PF Chang's with a friend this past weekend. The food was delicious. This restaurant is located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island in the mall complex. It is a perfect location for tourist when they visit. They are going to get really good business during the Waterfire Celebrations Providence hosts a few times a year. For those of you who don't know what Waterfire is....it is when art lovers or hopeless romantics from all over come through to watch the gondolas pass in the Providence River, visit local art museums and galleries, sit outside and dine at fine restaurants, etc. So since PF Chang's establishment arrived, I think it will add some extra cuisine to the already fabulous selections downtown. I grew to love PF Chang's for the first time when I visited Atlantic City, New Jersey. I went there many times when I lived in New Jersey and still frequent it now that I live in Rhode Island. I can't get enough of AC....