An Absolute Fine Eat

I have to eat, right? Yesterday, I chose to eat at a wonderful Japanese restaurant over eating at a pizzeria or one of the most popular fast food chains. We know the ones in which I speak. I just simply was not into a fast chow-down last night. I wanted an establishment that was going to wow the socks off my eyes; some dim lighting with the appearance or the illusion of a fine dining atmosphere. Okay (smile), it was a Japanese/Chinese establishment and it was not illusion; I was seated at a C- shaped dining table with a glossy red wood grain. The table was adorned with  nice champagne glasses and silver place mats, really simple but elegant. This restaurant was called Jacky's Galaxy and Sushi Bar. In an earlier time, I would never have considered a ChinJap restaurant a luxurious venture. However, with it's newly designed location in North Providence, RI, it gives a foodie like me a run for my my money. Times are changing.

While munching on my dinner, I couldn't help but to glimpse around in awe. There was so much to see from ceiling to floor. There were fancy chandeliers, crystals hanging from the ceiling, champagne encasement in the middle of the floor to be appreciated as art, beautiful light fixtures glowing like round sun balls giving off a bright illumination, and pink napkins folded in the form of pyramids above the silver place mats. The list goes on and on.

The restrooms were quite different from the norm. I was surprised to find a flat screen TV in the ladies room that inspired me while I washed my hands. It displayed soothing music and offered advice and ways for me to find happiness and achieve self enlightenment. At least, I thought it was a personal experience. Since I was in there alone, I understood it to be only for me. I told myself....'No! Cat...it's for everyone'. Everyone needs some enlightenment, right?

Besides the soothing blue light, all that was missing in the restroom was a couch for me to finish watching that really interesting episode on Balance for the Body that was playing. Okay, this was a restroom and I didn't want to leave. Hmmm, what's with that?

OKAY BACK TO THE TABLE
So, what did I eat? Well....I ordered a few selections. I couldn't quite make up my mind. So, my order looked like this:

Pot of Tea
Sweet Potato Tempura
California Rolls (cooked sushi)
Chicken and Broccoli, with tenders and crab rangoons
Spare rib plate, with white rice, rangoons and spring roll

The experience was sophisticated. The food was served on pure white dishes.


California Rolls (sushi) and Sweet Potato Tempura
Chicken & Broccoli w/fried rice, 
Spare rib w/white rice and spring roll












Confession:

I did not use the chopsticks!!! Lol


Catherine Ratliff Oct 2017

Comments