NEIT TechArts Participation 2016



3/31/2016
By Catherine Ratliff

I have submitted three of my works of art to the New England Institute of Technology in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. It is an in-house event but information from the website mentions that the public is welcome to view these works of art between the allotted time frame listed below. The artworks I chose to be on display for 3 months are: 




  • Candy Girl
  • Tootsie Sweets
  • Queen Grace
  • Merry Lou



 Visit my gallery to see them and other artwork.



New England Institute of Technology (NEIT) will host TechArts, an art exhibit showcasing the talents of its students, faculty and staff. The works will on display from March 28th to June 4th.
The school will showcase arts from many media:
  • Drawings
  • Sculpture
  • Photographs
  • Paintings: Watercolor, Acrylic, Oils, etc
  • Handmade furniture
  • Costumes
  • Many more
TechArts has been representing the creativity of its students and staff since 1995. It is a real honor to be accepted as one of the artist to display what I hold dear as a relaxing hobby. I had been extended the opportunity to participate in the event but always opted to withhold my ability due to the feelings some artist suffer....and that's feeling that your art is not good enough. So, I have to change the way I view myself and what I do. It will be a truly great experience to walk around the exhibits and see the wonderful works of art by other talented individuals and also hear the whispers of folks nearby as they enjoy.
Some art will be showcased permanently in the college's 27,000 sq ft library. My exibits will only be showcased for 3 months. 
More information from website include:
The New England Tech library is open Monday-Thursday from 7:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m., Friday from 7:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.  
For more info and contact information will be available on their website






Comments