Skip to main content

Re-purposing Craft Project In The Office

Re-purposing Craft Project Done at Your Workstation
By Catherine Ratliff 1/8/15





     I was gifted a new polka dot block Memo Cube (The MOE3 line) by Jackie Shapiro.

     This item was purchased at Michaels crafting store. But, I’m betting you can find them almost anywhere. However, they may be manufactured by a 

different company. Ultimately, they will have the same benefit. When you need a piece of paper to jot down an important note, it fits the bill. 










     This particular block memo cube comes in different colors. It has 600 pages that form a colorful polka dot design once all sheets are shrink-wrapped or pushed together. A beautiful bright red bow was tied around it with a pastel blue ribbon. 

     The first thing I did was detach the ribbon off the back of the memo cube. 










     Then, I took a pair of scissors to cut the ribbon off. The bow 
was glued to the ribbon. I was careful not to cut the bow away from the ribbon. 

     Once the ribbon was separated from the ribbon, I tied the ribbon around the phone’s receiver. The receiver was placed on its back as I tied the flower to it. The flower was set so that when I hung up the phone it was displayed for all to see. I tied the ribbon in one knot. Of course, there was excess ribbon left to hang that protruded from behind the receiver once I hung it up. So, tying it into another knot and tucking it as clever as possible was my best option. I have really clumsy round fingertips. Whoaaaa! You can tie yours up as clever as you see fit so that it is not left to protrude once you hang up your receiver. 


     Now you can use the attached pin and start using your memo block. Write something interesting!!!

Voila! You are done. Easy as green peas. 


     It’s a cute sight for sore eyes. My first client to use it was impressed. Perhaps Cisco Systems will come out with its new floral design in the future for the women or pinstripe floral design for the men, too. :) Hey, I won't leave anyone out. 

 It’s all in good fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Escapades

After my job's Christmas party, I traveled to Connecticut because I just needed to spend a little more time. So, my time was spent at Foxwoods casino. No, I know what you're thinking. I gambled and lost my shirt. On the contrary, I only spent around $15 dollars because I was there for the ride. My friend had some gambling credit and it made for a good time. It was a good picture taking moment. Besides, the holiday is upon us. What kind if mom would I be if I gambled the kids toys away. Lol. I'll just post some random holiday photos here to keep in the spirit.

Walking Through the Park Again

Here are more snapshots of my park adventure. Lincoln Park, Lincoln, RI

Hallo-Fam Time

By Catherine Ratliff Oct. 2017      Spent time with the family indoors this past Halloween 2017. It made for a really different experience. Words couldn't express the evening. Therefore, I will let the slideshow do the talking for us.      We put together some really nice snacks that turned our taste buds into a frenzy. We baked yellow cake with chocolate frosting. We added the word Halloween logo 🎃, on top in an orange delicious and harmonious glaze. I literally heard music to my ears. This earth-shattering cake was served with chocolate and vanilla ice cream.      We also made rice krispie treats. We added blow pops to sweeten up the dish. We were some real SWEET DEMONS that night.     Then I sat on the couch wearing a witch's hat and striped orange and black socks that extended up to the knees. We really created a witchy atmosphere.     It became a movie night. The movie selection was from my f...